2021 POOL OPERATIONS
Direct Pool Phone Number: 412-341-7210 (only answered during Pool Hours)
Office Number for Passes: 412-561-8900 (only answered during Office Hours)
POOL TO OPEN SATURDAY
JUNE 12, JUNE 19, 2021 CONFIRMED!
Season will run June 19-August 22, August 28/29, September 4/5/6
Hours of Operation: 1:00pm-7:00pm daily; CLOSED ON MONDAYS
July 4th Hours 1pm-6pm
Labor Day 12pm-6pm (updated 8/25/2021 – Doggie Dip cancelled, public hours extended)
Daily Rate: $7
*Please note there is only one rate for this year; there are no daily rate discounts based on residency or age or time and entry. As previous years, if the outside ambient temperature is less than 68 degrees, the pool will not open for the day. Entry to the pool is weather permitting and there are no rainchecks or refunds.
Slide is not open for 2021 season.SLIDE IS NOW OPEN ON WEEKENDS!
Responsible children 12 & up are welcome at the pool without parental supervision
CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENTS MUST PRESENT AND FORFEIT VOUCHER FOR FREE ADMISSION FOR 15 & UNDER AND $2 OFF OF ADULT ADMISSION. THERE IS NO DISCOUNT WITHOUT A VOUCHER
Vouchers will be available starting July 30 from the eight open City of Pittsburgh pool locations during business hours or from Brookline Recreation Center or Phillips Recreation Center between 9 a.m and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. City season pool tags are not transferrable at the Dormont Pool.
City of Pittsburgh Dormont Pool Press Release
Operational information in regards to operations for this year – please check back as more information may be added prior to your visit to the pool. Updated 6/3/2021:
The Borough of Dormont has been monitoring changes in the COVID mitigation guidelines from the state and county. Based on recent orders, we have updated our operational plans for 2021 which include:
- 100% capacity (unless lifeguard staffing issue/special circumstances)
- Remove plans for zone seating
- Locker rooms and showers will open
- Lounge chairs will be out as in previous seasons; guests are still encouraged to bring their own seating
The slide will open on weekends only beginning July 10 and there will be no pool party rentals in 2021.
CDC guidelines including social distancing and frequent handwashing are encouraged. Masking guidelines are as follows from the state until June 28 or when PA lifts the mask requirement:
– Vaccinated individuals do not have to wear a mask
– Unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask when not in the water, unless 6 feet of distance can be maintained from those outside of your household and during use of restrooms and locker rooms
Guests are welcome to continue wearing masks for their safety and comfort.
SEASON PASS INFORMATION
PURCHASE A SEASON POOL PASS FOR 2021 – BEGINS APRIL 1, 2021 – Please note we are experiencing a high number of requests for pool passes, please be patient and we will get to everyone in order. There is no limit for pool passes sold.
Make buying a pool pass easier by registering online:
***** Residency needs to be verified – once registered, please call the Borough Offices during office hours to be verified as a resident 412-561-8900 x227 or email Beth Bachman at BBachman@boro.dormont.pa.us – the verification queue will also be checked daily. You will not see a resident rate until you are verified. DO NOT PAY NON-RESIDENT RATE IF NOT VERIFIED – NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN; By registering online, you are keeping yourself and office staff safe and also saving time not having to provide all details necessary for registration at Borough Offices. You will be called when your pool passes are ready for pick-up at the Borough Offices. Note: You may be asked to scan & email or bring in residency proof depending on individual situation.
DORMONT RESIDENTS EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: At the current time, we must manually add the Early Bird discount, when you are registered online and ready to pay, we can take payment over the phone and add the early bird discount.
Registering online does not mean admittance to the pool; a pool tag is required!
Season Passes Pricing Information:
(purchase online or at the Borough Offices starting April 1st)
*Early Bird Special for Dormont Residents; Family Pass – $25 off until May 28 – $10 off Resident Individual until May 28
- Resident Junior (Ages 3-17) $50.00
- Resident Adult (Ages 18-64) $70.00
- Dormont Resident Senior (65+) Free with proof of residency
- Non-Resident Senior (65+) $65.00
- Resident Family $135.00
- Non-Resident Single $115.00
- Non-Resident Family $260.00
- Family consists of 2 Adults and 3 Children up to age 17, each additional child is $10
*Resident unless otherwise specified on Dormont Resident senior includes KO residents; only Dormont residents are eligible for early bird discount
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ ENTIRETY OR RESIDENTS MAY BE PAYING EXTRA IF NOT VERIFIED!!! Note: Option to pool passes will not appear until April 1, 2021 at 8:30am
REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Online registration link: https://register.communitypass.net/DormontBorough
Follow instructions below!
Registration Instructions after following the link:
1) Create an Account
2) Click Here to register
3) Select at the bottom either: pay taxes or reside within Borough of Dormont; Attend Keystone Oak School District or; Non-Resident*;
4) If selecting either “Pay Taxes in the Borough of Dormont” or “Attend Keystone Oaks School District”, after finishing online registration, and before selecting camp weeks, please call 412-561-8900 x227 or email BBachman@boro.dormont.pa.us to let us know to that we should go in and verify+. Residency must be verified- once completed with “click here to register”, call 412-561-8900 x227 and the office can verify your residency. Please do not miss this step! You can skip this step if you live outside of the Keystone Oaks School District.
5) Select the pool pass which you are purchasing and continue processing. If a Dormont resident, we must manually add the Early Bird discount, please call 412-561-8900 and we will call to add the discount and take your payment over the phone. Once completed, we will call to inform you when your passes are ready to be picked up or if returning to verify you have your passes. Please note, only one pass per person so if you get a new pass, your old one will no longer work.
Additional Information Pool Information
Additional Information is Available on the Jeff Ellis Management website and can be found here. More information about our COVID-19 protocols will be added here once finalized.
Swim Classes may be offered by Jeff Ellis Management. For more information and to register, please click here.
Dormont Swimming Pool Guest Rules and Regulations
JEFF ELLIS AQUATIC MANAGEMENT, LLP, invites you to enjoy this community swimming pool and asks your cooperation in abiding by the following rules and regulations for your safety and enjoyment:
- Please obey lifeguard instructions at all times.
- A child under 52 inches must be accompanied by an adult (within arm’s reach) at all times when using the swimming pool or wear a lifejacket approved by JEM Aquatic Management.
- Pool issued life jackets are available for your safety.
- Please do not run on the swimming pool deck.
- Please refrain from “unsafe” behavior for the safety and enjoyment of all swimmers.
- Please obey deck and attraction signs where posted.
- Please evacuate swimming pool immediately when horn alarm sounds.
- No glass containers are permitted in the swimming pool area. No alcohol.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate swim attire at all times.
- Disposable swimming diapers may be purchased at the pool office for infants.
For your safety, our lifeguards are randomly audited by National Pool & Waterpark Lifeguard auditors. Audits include surveillance video taping and submersion of manikins on the swimming pool bottom for Vigilance Awareness Testing (VAT).
Lifeguard Vigilance Awareness Test (VAT)
Jeff Ellis Management conducts regular Vigilance Awareness Tests (VAT) for its lifeguards by placing silhouettes or manikins into the water to see how long it takes for a lifeguard to spot them. Please do not be alarmed if you see one of these tests as they are designed to make sure that your experience at the Dormont Swimming Pool is the safest it can be.