Athens Alley Storm Water Project
Because of severe flooding on Athens Alley, Borough Council selected a consultant, Hazen & Sawyer, to study the area and determine possible solutions to the flooding and the costs involved in implementing these solutions. After doing significant scientific evaluations of the area, they will develop a preliminary plan, present it for the public to comment and then provide a final report to the Borough Council on June 3, 2013. Council will then decide whether to pursue any of the options and if so, how to fund them.
There will be a second workshop on this project for residents living in the immediate vicinity of Athens Alley and the surrounding streets on April 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM at the Council Chambers.
Relevant documents for this project can be found below.
- Latonia Flood – August 2014 (Video)
- FAQs – What is stormwater?
- Public Meeting – Hazen & Sawyer Presentation 4-24-2013
- Public Meeting – Hazen & Sawyer Presentation 3-18-2013
- Athens Alley Stormwater Improvements Final Report
- Stormwater Authority Organization and Business Meeting
- 2015 IDDE Annual Report
- TMDL Plan
- Storm Sewers System Map
- Ad Hoc Stormwater Committee Minutes 11-21-2013
Stormwater 101 Flyers