2021 Dormont Summer Camp
Summer Camp registration is open!
2021 Dormont Summer Camp FAQs
2021 COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Procedures 6.9.2021*
*Please note these will be updated as new CDC and state guidance and recommendations are released
About: Dormont Summer Camp is a seasonal S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) based program of the Borough of Dormont Recreation Department. It is for children aged 5-11. This camp is open for everyone, not just Dormont or Keystone Oaks residents! The camp runs from June 14 through August 20 at the Recreation Center (the 2nd floor of the pool building). The address is 1801 Dormont Ave. Formal camp activities are from 9:00am to 5:00pm (early drop off begins at 8:00am, late pick up available until 6:00pm). Each week has a special theme. Please note that you are signing up for the entire week. We do not have a daily rate and missed days cannot be made up in other sessions. CAMPERS WILL GO TO THE POOL TWICE A WEEK PRIOR TO PUBLIC ENTRANCE ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY WEATHER PERMITTING.
(1) June 14 – June 18 Artful Antics
(2) June 21 – June 25 Global Explorer
(3) June 28 – July 2 Adventures in Seussland
(4) July 5 – July 9 Wizarding Word of Dormont Park
(5) July 12 – July 16 Star Wars
(6) July 19 – July 23 Under the Sea
(7) July 26 – July 30 Wings and Things
(8) August 2 – August 6 Clue Junior
(9) August 9 – August 13 Prehistoric PA
(10) August 16 – August 20 Survivor!
Cost & Fees:
1st Child (resident) – $145.00
1st Child (non-resident) – $195.00
Additional children (resident) – $120.00 (reflects $25 discount)
Additional children (non-resident) – $170.00 (reflects $25 discount)
Early drop off (as early as 8am) – FREE!!!
Late pick up (from 5pm to 6pm) – $15.00
Late payment fee – $25.00
*One-time registration fee of $10.00 per child due at sign-up (waived if completed online)
*Please note that a non-refundable deposit of $10.00 per week is required to hold space for each child registered. A camp slot is not confirmed until this deposit is received. Full payment, or cancellation notice, for each week of camp must be received by the Borough of Dormont no later than 4:30pm EST the Thursday prior to the start of each registered week of camp. If payment is not received by then, a $25.00 late payment fee will be added at the time of late payment. If cancellation notice is not given by then, full fees will be charged or and the spot will be made available to other registrants. If those fees aren’t paid, you will forfeit the rest of your spots.
Dormont Summer Camp Online Registration Instructions
REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Online registration link: https://register.communitypass.net/DormontBorough
Follow instructions below!
Registration Instructions after following the link:
1) Create an Account
2) Click Here to register
3) Select at the bottom either: pay taxes or reside within Borough of Dormont; Attend Keystone Oak School District or; Non-Resident*;
4) If selecting either “Pay Taxes in the Borough of Dormont” or “Attend Keystone Oaks School District”, after finishing online registration, and before selecting camp weeks, please call 412-561-8900×227 or email BBachman@boro.dormont.pa.us to let us know to that we should go in and verify+. Residency must be verified- once completed with “click here to register”, call 412-561-8900×227 and the office can verify your residency. Please do not miss this step! You can skip this step if you live outside of the Keystone Oaks School District.
AFTER CREATING AN ACCOUNT
5) Once verified, go to Catalog – select Dormont Summer Camps; Select week, if you want more than 1 week, select continue registering until you selected all weeks wanted (you may have to add child if you didn’t do so earlier)
You will be required to pay a $10 non-refundable deposit for each week selected. If selecting late pick-up, that fee is due at time of sign up. You may select this at another time if you are unsure if you will require late pick-up.
For questions and help, please call 412-561-8900.
*Non-residents can skip the next step – they do not need to call number and can continue registering online
+ If necessary, we will ask you send over documents to help verify
Please contact Bethany Bachman, Community Events and Communications Coordinator, with any questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 561-8900 x 227