The following positions are available in the Borough of Dormont:
Laborers/Equipment Operators – Full-Time
The Borough of Dormont is seeking applicants for full-time Laborers/Equipment Operators with the Public Works Department. This position is responsible for general street and building maintenance and repair, sewer cleaning and repair, winter maintenance, and other related tasks. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, at least one year of experience in construction-related work, and skill in the operation of various tools and equipment. Successful candidates must, above all, care about the community they will serve. A valid PA Driver’s License is required at all times. Post-offer physical and drug screen required. Full job description can be found on the Borough’s website at
www.boro.dormont.pa.us. This is a union position with a starting rate of $22.95/hr. with annual and step increases by contract. Generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and pension.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Borough Manager Benjamin Estell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off resume and cover letter at Dormont Municipal Building, 1444 Hillsdale Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15216. All materials must be received by May 26, 2023 at 10:00 A.M.
- Public Works Laborer Job Description
- Lifeguards – Dormont Pool:
- Visit boro.dormont.pa.us/lifeguards for more information including application
- Seasonal Public Works:
- Please use application posted below. You can either email the application or resume to Beth Bachman at BBachman@boro.dormont.pa.us or you can drop off or mail application and/or resume to the Borough Offices at 1444 Hillsdale Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- Part Time Crossing Guard:
- Please use application posted below drop off or mail your resume in the Borough Offices at 1444 Hillsdale Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Part Time and Summer Employment Application (PDF)